In this article, we’ll learn about an important fact in the Qur’an, that is, every one of us will see his actions, present in front of him, t the Day of Resurrection, and this truth has been denied by atheists, and we will see how modern science confirms the possibility of seeing the past, but it cannot be changed…
· What a lot of objections made by polytheists through which they deny the Day of Resurrection! They didn’t imagine how Allah will resurrect them after they become dust, did not imagine how Allah will hold them accountable for their actions, what is more, how they will see their job!
· The Qur’an is a book of the facts, every verse of its verses includes a scientific fact that must be discovered, as long as we meditate and contemplate and think over them. And in one of these verses Allah says: (And the Book was placed; and thou see the sinful in great terror because of what is (recorded) therein; they will say, “Ah! Woe to us! What a Book is this! It leaves out nothing small or great, but takes account thereof!” And they found all that they did, present in front of them: And not one will thy Lord treat with injustice.) (Sûrat Al-Kahf verse 49).
· What drew my attention is that the verse speaks about the Day of Resurrection, which is an event will occur in the future, however, we find that the verbs came in past tense!!! (And the book was placed), (And they found all that they did, present in front of them), these acts done in the past even though the speech is about the Day of Resurrection, so what is the secret?
After thinking long, I found that the Qur’an is the Book of absolute truths, and therefore Qur’an is talking about absolute things. Time, for us we humans, is divided into past and future, but for Allah Almighty, the Creator of time, there is no past or future. And Allah sees the past and future. Why not, and he is the creator of them?
Therefore, when the Qur’an says (And the book was placed), it means that this has occurred but we did not live these moments yet, and when the Qur’an says (And they found all that they did, present in front of them), it means that the atheist will live these moments; furthermore, he HAD lived them, but does not know that!
· And the question is: Is there any scientific proof of the sincerity of this speech?
We muslims really don’t require it but we do have a scientific proof.
Today, Scientists are talking about the possibility of traveling to the past! Relativity theory developed by Einstein in the early twentieth century confirms that the time does not pass in blink of an eye, but it is moving quickly at a cosmic speed (i.e. the speed of light) which is 300 thousand kilometers per second, and it is the maximum speed that can be reached in this real world.
· When the speed of any object reaches this cosmic speed, the time will stop at this speed. That is, we live the present moment only, and we don’t see the past or the future. But when we move faster than the speed of light we can see the past, and that’s what is confirmed by scientists, today.
· Therefore, one could see his past but cannot change it! The praise to Allah! The Quran speaks this fact accurately and says: (And they found all that they did, present in front of them) means that every person will see his work as if it occurs at the moment, but he cannot changed it, and this is what scientists say today when they talk about travel to the past, that man can see the past but cannot change it!
· What is the theory of relativity?
· Most of us hear about the theory of relativity, but we may find a large number of people do not know what is this theory? Very briefly, everything in this universe is relative; for example, we live in a land we see fixed, but in fact it rotates very rapidly on its axis, and spins faster around the sun. And it’s washed rapidly along with the solar system. And the solar system, including land and us, are moving at high speed with the galaxy in a specific direction that Allah has ordained. And the galaxy is also moving with a group of galaxies around very quickly…. And also, a number of movements that we do not realize or watch, but science has exposed it to us.
· There is no object that we can compare the speed with. Everything is moving and walking in a specific and calculated path and this is what we find a reference to, in Qur’an when it says: (and all swim along, each in its rounded course) (Sûrat Al-Anbiya’ verse 33).
· The laws governing the movement of things will change when its speed approaches the speed of light, and therefore laws are relative, and depend on the speed of the moving object. If we assume that a spacecraft was able to travel at speeds close to the speed of light, all the laws that we know will change, and time will slow down so that a person living in this spacecraft will live long for thousands of years (this is science fiction of course).
· There is an important thing in the theory of relativity, which is, we cannot see any incident occurring now at the same moment, but it takes time related to how far the incident is to us. If a star exploded away from the Earth thousand light years away, if exploded now, we will not see this explosion before a thousand years and that is the time required for the light to travel from the star to the Earth.
· Types of time
Accordingly, all what we see is in the past, so we do not see the present moment as long as there is a time separating us from it, even if small, so on the Day of Resurrection this law will disappear and we’ll see things around, as it is happening now: (And they found all that they did, present in front of them).
· In order to see the present moment we must be moving at light speed, but if we want to reflect the direction of time we’ll just have to be faster than the speed of light to see the past!
· Allah sees these three times at the same moment, so we find the Qur’an often speaks about the future in the past tense! For example, Allah Almighty says: (To the righteous, the Garden was brought near * and to those straying in Evil, the Fire was placed in full view * and it was said to them: “Where are what ye worshipped”) (Sûrat Ash-Shu’ara’ verses 90-92).
· Although the verses are talking about the Day of Resurrection, that is, the future time, it came on the past tense: (was brought near, was placed in full view, was said). We, humans, wait until these things occur, but Allah does not wait, but sees everything has happened really, so Allah Almighty says: (Say: None in the heavens or on earth, except Allah, knows what is hidden: nor can they perceive when they shall be raised up (for Judgment) * Still less can their knowledge comprehend the Hereafter: Nay, they are in doubt and uncertainty there-anent; nay, they are blind thereunto!) (Sûrat An-Naml verses 65-66).
· A galaxy away from us millions of light years, we see in this picture, the shape of the galaxy before millions of years, and no one knows its current form but Allah, and the galaxy might exploded and died millions of years ago, but we do not see this, because the ray of light that comes to us from this Galaxy cut billions of kilometers until it reached the earth. Scientists, therefore, stresses that if we walk faster than the speed of light, we will catch this ray of light and outrun it and see the past!
· The reference ESO
· Laws will change on the Day of Resurrection
· This talk does not mean that people would move faster than the speed of light on the Day of Resurrection to see their past, but the Day of Resurrection will have its own laws that we do not realize, but we emphasize that this is scientifically possible.
· The proof that the Day of Resurrection has its own laws that differ from the world’s laws is the saying of Allah Almighty: (One day the earth will be changed to a different earth, and so will be the heavens, and they will be marshaled forth, before Allah, the One, the Irresistible ;) (Sûrat Ibrahim verse 48). And He says: (Thou wast heedless of this; now have we removed thy veil, and sharp is thy sight this Day!) (Sûrat Qaf verse 22).
· Since the way of vision is sight and light rays, the vision of an event takes time, as we said, this is in the world, and on the Day of Resurrection It’s totally different because the laws will change and alter, and then a person can see things that cannot be seen in this world, and that is the meaning of the verse (and sharp is thy sight this Day).
· The miracle of Mi’raj (the tortuous rising)
· Here, too, we remember the incident of Mi’raj, when the Holy Prophet, peace be upon him, ascended the sky and saw the fire torturing its companions, he saw them in reality, but unbelievers denied this idea, because their limited minds didn’t imagine it.
· Therefore, Allah Almighty said about this miracle: ((His) sight never swerved, nor did it go wrong! * For truly did he see, of the Signs of his Lord, the Greatest!) (Sûrat An-Najm verses 17-18). And this indicates that the Holy Prophet had seen ,really seen, the miracles in the sky at the night of Mi’raj, in contrary to what some claim that he has seen it in a dream!
· It is strange that there is a scientific miracle in the word (Mi’raj), it was unnamed “ascend” or flight “or otherwise, but the Holy Prophet called this miracle Mi’raj (i.e. the tortuous rising), because the movement of objects in space can never be straight, but they have to be tortuous, because of the dense gravitational fields around galaxies and its groupings.
· I have in mind in this attempt by some skeptics of the Book of Allah, in this attempt they wanted to write a book like the Qur’an, but the errors appeared directly even in the title of this book! Because they called it: “The True Criterion”, according to language dictionaries, the word (Criterion) means “that which distinguishes between right and wrong, and therefore we may not say: “True Criterion” or “False Criterion” because the word “Criterion” by itself is to distinguish between true and false!
· Look, dear reader, how these people made a mistake in the title of the book, and they have the techniques of the twenty first century, scientists, money and digital computers. And the question is: How could an illiterate man in the seventh century compose a big book (as claimed by atheists) like the Qur’an without committing any scientific or linguistic error, if he wasn’t the Messenger of Allah?
The information contained in this article absolutely doesn’t mean that scientists will be able to see the future. No one knows the unseen except Allah who says: (With Him are the keys of the unseen, the treasures that no one knows but Him. He knows whatever there is on the earth and in the sea. Not a leaf doth fall but with His knowledge: there is not a grain in the darkness (or depths) of the earth, nor anything fresh or dry (green or withered), but is (inscribed) in a record clear (to those who can read)) (Sûrat Al-An’am verse 59).
· But scientists can imagine that the knowledge of the unseen is possible, but reaching this knowledge is not necessary, just as they can imagine that the vision of the past is scientifically possible, they don’t have to see it, therefore this research is an evidence that the Qur’an does not talk about things that are not logical , but the Qur’an’s speech is within scientific logic, and this is an evidence of the sincerity of Allah’s saying about his book: (Had it been from other Than Allah, they would surely have found therein Much discrepancy) (Sûrat An-Nisa’ verse 82).
· Here we have to pause
· If the Holy Prophet had brought things from himself, then he could have made mistakes in naming the Mi’raj miracle, why did he call it “Mi’raj” (i.e. the tortuous rising) in line with the universal truth, that is, the tortuous movement of the objects in space?
· If the Prophet wanted to invent falsehood against Allah as some skeptics claim, why does he attribute everything in this Qur’an to Allah? Why is he talking about the future in the past tense? And how did he make sure that people will accept from him this new uncommon style?
· If Muhammad, peace be upon him, wanted to lie to people, how would he be aware of that he will be last of the prophets? How did he assure that no prophet will come after him, if he wasn’t truly the prophet of Allah? And how did he assure that Islam will spread to all parts of the world: (It is He Who has sent His Messenger with Guidance and the Religion of Truth, that He may proclaim it over all religion, even though the Pagans may detest (it)) (Sûrat As-Saff verse 9).
· We ask Allah to give the best reward to all who contribute in providing a new idea through which we can provide useful and helpful article, and one of those people, dear brother “Mohammed Lujain zein” which drew our attention to this idea, and we would like to ask all readers to contemplate the Qur’an thoroughly and try to write articles about the wonders of the Quran, or at least provide useful ideas, in order to receive reward from Allah. Because it’s him who said: (And whatever good ye send forth for your souls before you, ye shall find it with Allah) (Sûrat Al-Baqara verse 110).
· By: Abduldaem Al-Kaheel
· 1- McGowen, Tom. Radioactivity: From the Curies to the Atomic Age, Watts, 1986.
· 2- Robinson, M.R. Our Universe, Scientific American, 1993.
· 3- Jespersen, James, and Fitz-Randolph, Jane. From Quarks to Quasars, Atheneum, 1987.