The Holy Qur'an is the highest authority in Islam. It contains the exact words of God as revealed to Prophet Muhammad (P) and recorded by his companions. In applying the Qur'anic teachings to everyday life, Muslims rely upon the sunnah (sayings and actions) of the Prophet (P). This sunnah is a concrete implementation, a tangible form, and the actual embodiment of the will of God in the form of Muhammad's deeds. They were recorded in what are called ahadith (pieces of news, stories, or reports). This pamphlet conveys to you just a portion of the many interesting and enlightening ahadith. Numbers 1-20 have been extrapolated from "Riyadh-Us-Saleheen" Volumes 1 and 2. Numbers 21-25 have been extrapolated from "An-Nawawi's Forty Hadith". Both works were compiled by Imam Abu Zakariya Yahya Bin Sharaf An-Nawawi (R). Each hadith quoted in this pamphlet is followed by an individual reference which indicates the original source of ahadith collection: Imam Bukhari, Imam Muslim, Imam Abu Daud, or Imam Tirmidhi (R).
"Hazrat" - An honorable title sometimes given to the companions of Muhammad (P).
(P) - Peace be upon him.
(R) - May God be pleased with him or her.
1) Hazrat Abu Hurairah (R) relates that the Holy Prophet (P) said: "The strong one is not he who knocks out his adversary; the strong one is he who keeps control over his temper." (Bukhari and Muslim)
2) Hazrat Abu Hurairah (R) relates that the Holy Prophet (P) said: "It does not befit a Siddiq (a true man) that he should opt to cursing." (Muslim)
3) Hazrat Jarir Ibn Abdullah (R) relates that the Holy Prophet (P) said: "God the Dignified has no mercy for one who has no mercy for others." (Bukhari and Muslim)
4) Hazrat Anas Bin Malik (R) relates that the Holy Prophet (P) said: "None of you is a perfect Muslim until he desires for his brother Muslim that which he desires for himself." (Bukhari and Muslim)
5) Hazrat Anas Bin Malik (R) relates that the Holy Prophet (P) said: "Help your brother whether he is an oppressor or an oppressed person. A companion asked: 'Messenger of God (it is true) I will help him if he is an oppressed person, but please tell me how I am to help him if he happens to be an oppressor.' The Holy Prophet (P) answered: check him from doing injustice. Because preventing him from committing aggression is a help to him." (Bukhari)
6) Hazrat Abu Hurairah (R) relates that the Holy Prophet (P) said: "Look at the person who is inferior to you; and do not look at one who is superior to you. Thereby you would be able to appreciate better the benevolences of God bestowed upon you." (Muslim)
7) Hazrat Abdullah bin 'Amr bin Al-'Aas (R) says that by nature the Holy Prophet (P) neither talked indecently nor did he listen to indecent talk. He used to say: "The best of you are those who have the best manners." (Bukhari and Muslim)
8) Hazrat Sahl bin Sa'd (R) says that the Holy Prophet (P) has said: "A person who gives surety to (safeguard) the thing between the jaws (tongue) and the thing between his two legs (private organs), I guarantee his entrance into Paradise." (Bukhari and Muslim)
9) Hazrat Abu Hurairah (R) relates that the Holy Prophet (P) said: "Among the Muslims most perfect, as regards his faith, is one whose character is excellent, and the best among you are those who treat their wives well." (Tirmidhi)
10) Hazrat Abu Zarr relates that the Holy Prophet (P) said: "Do not consider even the smallest good deed as insignificant; even meeting your brother with a cheerful face (is a good deed)." (Muslim)
11) Hazrat Anas Bin Malik (R) relates that the Holy Prophet (P) said: "Make things easy and convenient and don't make them harsh and difficult. Give cheers and glad tidings and do not create hatred." (Muslim)
12) Hazrat Ayaz bin Himar (R) relates that the Holy Prophet (P) said: "God, the Most Exalted, has revealed to me that you should show courtesy and be cordial with each other, so that nobody should consider himself superior to another nor harm him." (Muslim)
13) Hazrat Ayesha (R) relates that the Holy Prophet (P) said: "Do not reproach or abuse dead persons for they are facing the consequences of what they had done in this world." (Bukhari)
14) Hazrat Abu Hurairah (R) relates that the Holy Prophet (P) said: "Avoid jealously for this destroys good deeds as fire destroys wood." (Abu Daud)
15) Wasila bin Al-As-qa'a (R) relates that the Holy Prophet (P) said: "Do not rejoice over the troubles of your brother lest God the Most High might have mercy on him and involve you in this trouble." (Tirmidhi)
16) Hazrat Ibn Mas'ud (R) relates that the Holy Prophet (P) once asked: "Who is that person among you who loves the property of his successor more than his own property? The Companions submitted: 'O Messenger of God (P) there is none among us who loves his successor's property more than his own.' He said: Then his property is which he has sent ahead; and that which he retains belongs to his successor." (Bukhari)
17) Hazrat Ayaz bin Himar (R) relates that the Holy Prophet (P) said: "God the Most High has revealed to me that you should adopt humility, so that nobody oppresses another, nor one should hold himself above another." (Muslim)
18) Hazrat Abdullah bin Mas'ud (R) relates that the Holy Prophet (P) said: "A Muslim never taunts or curses or abuses nor resorts to vulgar talking." (Tirmidhi)
19) Hazrat Abu Hurairah (R) relates that the Holy Prophet (P) said: "Let no Muslim male entertain any malice against a Muslim female. He may dislike one habit in her, but may find another in her which is pleasing." (Muslim)
20) Hazrat Abu Hurairah (R) relates that the Holy Prophet (P) said: "Plenty of provision or abundance do not make a person rich and wealthy; real richness is the benevolence of heart." (Bukhari and Muslim)
21) On the authority of Abu Huraira (R) who said: the Messenger of God (P) said: "Part of someone's being a good Muslim is his leaving alone that which does not concern him." (Tirmidhi)
22) On the authority of Abu Huraira (R), that the Messenger of God (P) said: "Let him who believes in God and the Last Day either speak good or keep silent, and let him who believes in God and the Last Day be generous to his neighbour, and let him who believes in God and the Last Day be generous to his guest" (Bukhari & Muslim)
23) On the authority of Abu Malik al-Harith ibn Asim al-Ash'ari (R), who said: The Messenger of God (P) said: "...Prayer is light; charity is a proof; patience is illumination; and the Qur'an is an argument for or against you. Everyone starts his day and is a vendor of his soul, either freeing it or bringing about its ruin." (Muslim)
24) On the authority of Abu Huraira (R), who said: The Messenger of God (P) said: "Each person's every joint must perform a charity every day the sun comes up: to act justly between two people is a charity; to help a man with his mount, lifting him onto it or hoisting up his belongings onto it is a charity; every step you take to prayers is a charity; and removing a harmful thing from the road is a charity." (Bukhari & Muslim)
25) On the authority of an-Nawwas ibn Sam'an (R) that the Prophet (P) said: "Righteousness is good morality, and wrongdoing is that which wavers in your soul and which you dislike people finding out about." (Muslim)
ITIKAF is a particularly commended pious Islamic practice consisting of a period of retreat in a mosque, for a certain number of...
اللّهُ أكبر اللّهُ أكبر Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar Allah is Great, Allah is Great اللّهُ أكبر Allahu Akbar Allah is Great لا إلَه...
Live Program From Holy Makkah And Madeena Please Do the Following. Go To Your Computer DeskTop First Right Click -> New -> Shortcut...
Ramadan is composed of 30 days in total. This holy month has been divided into 3 Ashras to make it convenient for the Fasting Muslims. But...
(a) Sleep early : Sleeping early is a healthy habit and it was the practice of Allah's Messenger (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) to slee...
These below pictures are belonging to the rivers from South Africa near to Cape Town . These two river's speciallity were discovered beg...
Narrated Ibn Abbas (Radi-Allahu 'anhu): A man came to the Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Sallam) and said, "O Allah's Ap...
Narrated Abu Huraira (Radi-Allahu 'anhu): The Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Sallam) said, "Whoever fasted the month of Ramad...
WAKE UP EARLY Prepare for personal cleanliness, take care of details of clothing, etc. Take a Ghusl (bath). Dress up, putting on best c...
Narrated Abu Huraira (Radi-Allahu 'anhu): Allah's Apostle (Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Sallam) said, "Fasting is a shield (or ...
- 9/11 Truth
- A Beautiful story about QURAN
- Allah's Miracle
- An-Nawawi's Forty Hadith
- Anger - How a Muslim Deals With It
- Ayesha(r.a.) enemy of Imam Ali (r.a.)
- Beautiful Words
- Benefits of Believer
- collection of Imam Bukhari
- Daily Quran
- Death Poem
- Economic Aspect
- Eid Mubarak
- fighting against desires
- first post
- forbade the killing of women and children
- Hadith Qudsi
- holy war
- Imam Shafi'i
- Laylatul Qadr
- Makkah and Madina
- mercy in islam
- Multiplication of Rewards
- Muslim Has A Sense Of Humour
- muslim is friendly
- New Muslims
- Please Allah
- Political Aspect
- Quran and Life
- Ramadan 2010
- Ramadan ITIKAF
- Read Quran even if we dont understand
- Rewards for Sickness
- Rivers of Cape Town
- Seeking refuge with Allaah from the Shaytaan
- show mercy
- Sign of Righteousness
- Social Aspect
- Test for the Best
- The Spiritual Aspect
- Umar ibn Abdul Aziz
- US GAZA
- WOMAN IN ISLAM
- women in islam