Get me outta here!

Wednesday, August 25, 2010


Share/Bookmark

Hadith -- On Ramadan Fasting

Narrated Abu Huraira (Radi-Allahu 'anhu):
While we were sitting with the Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Sallam) a man
came and said, "O Allah's Apostle! I have been ruined." Allah's Apostle
(Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Sallam) asked what was the matter with him. He
replied "I had sexual intercourse with my wife while I was fasting."
Allah's Apostle (Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Sallam) asked him, "Can you afford
to manumit a slave?" He replied in the negative. Allah's Apostle
(Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Sallam) asked him, "Can you fast for two successive
months?" He replied in the negative. The Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa
Sallam) asked him, "Can you afford to feed sixty poor persons?" He replied
in the negative. The Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Sallam) kept silent and
while we were in that state, a big basket full of dates was brought to the
Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Sallam). He asked, "Where is the
questioner?" He replied, "I (am here)." The Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa
Sallam) said (to him), "Take this (basket of dates) and give it in
charity." The man said, "Should I give it to a person poorer than I? By
Allah; there is no family between its (i.e. Medina's) two mountains who are
poorer than I." The Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Sallam) smiled till his
pre-molar teeth became visible and then said, 'Feed your family with it."

Bukhari Vol. 3 : No. 157

0 comments:

Post a Comment