Get me outta here!

Thursday, August 26, 2010


Share/Bookmark

Hadith -- Ramadan Fasting on Behalf

Narrated Ibn Abbas (Radi-Allahu 'anhu):

A man came to the Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Sallam) and said, "O Allah's Apostle! My mother died and she ought to have fasted one month (for her missed Ramadan). Shall I fast on her behalf?" The Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Sallam) replied in the affirmative and said, "Allah's debts have more right to be paid." In another narration a woman is reported to have
said, "My sister died..."

Narrated Ibn 'Abbas: A woman said to the Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Sallam) "My mother died and she had vowed to fast but she didn't fast." In another narration Ibn 'Abbas is reported to have said, "A woman said to the Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Sallam), "My mother died while she ought to have fasted for fifteen days."

Bukhari Vol. 3 : No. 174

1 comment:

  1. What is daleel for women doing aitikaf at home cannot do home chores.

    ReplyDelete