Get me outta here!

Monday, February 14, 2011


Share/Bookmark

Hadith -- Prophetic (PBUH) Commentary on the Qur'an

Prophetic (PBUH) Commentary on the Qur'an - 9th Rabi al-Awwal 1432 (12th
February 2011)

Narrated Abu Huraira (Radi-Allahu 'anhu):

Some (cooked) meat was brought to Allah's Apostle (Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Sallam) and the meat of a forearm was presented to him as he used to like it. He ate a morsel of it and said, "I will be the chief of all the people on the Day of Resurrection. Do you know the reason for it? Allah will gather all the human beings of early generations as well as late generations on one plain so that the announcer will be able to make them all hear his voice and the watcher will be able to see all of them. The sun will come so close to the people that they will suffer such distress and trouble as they will not be able to bear or stand. Then the people will say, 'Don't you see to what state you have reached? Won't you look for someone who can intercede for you with your Lord.' Some people will say to some others, 'Go to Adam.'

So they will go to Adam and say to him, 'You are the father of mankind; Allah created you with His Own Hand, and breathed into you of His Spirit (meaning the spirit which he created for you); and ordered the angels to prostrate before you; so (please) intercede for us with your Lord. Don't you see in what state we are? Don't you see what condition we have reached?' Adam will say, 'Today my Lord has become angry as He has never become before, nor will ever become thereafter. He forbade me (to eat of the fruit of) the tree, but I disobeyed Him. Myself! Myself! Myself! (has more need for intercession). Go to someone else; go to Noah.'

So they will go to Noah and say (to him), 'O Noah! You are the first (of Allah's Messengers) to the people of the Earth, and Allah has named you a thankful slave; please intercede for us with your Lord. Don't you see in what state we are?' He will say.' Today my Lord has become angry as He has never become nor will ever become thereafter. I had (in the world) the right to make one definitely accepted invocation, and I made it against my nation. Myself! Myself! Myself! Go to someone else; go to Abraham.'

They will go to Abraham and say, 'O Abraham! You are Allah's Apostle and His Khalil from among the people of the Earth; so please intercede for us with your Lord. Don't you see in what state we are?' He will say to them, 'My Lord has today become angry as He has never become before, nor will ever become thereafter. I had told three lies (Abu Haiyan (the sub-narrator) mentioned them in the Hadith) Myself! Myself! Myself! Go to someone else; go to Moses.'

The people will then go to Moses and say, 'O Moses! You art Allah's Apostle and Allah gave you superiority above the others with this message and with His direct Talk to you; (please) intercede for us with your Lord. Don't you see in what state we are?' Moses will say, 'My Lord has today become angry as He has never become before, nor will become thereafter, I killed a person whom I had not been ordered to kill. Myself! Myself! Myself! Go to someone else; go to Jesus.'

So they will go to Jesus and say, 'O Jesus! You are Allah's Apostle and His Word which He sent to Mary, and a superior soul created by Him, and you talked to the people while still young in the cradle. Please intercede for us with your Lord. Don't you see in what state we are?' Jesus will say. 'My Lord has today become angry as He has never become before nor will ever become thereafter.' Jesus will not mention any sin, but will say, 'Myself! Myself! Myself! Go to someone else; go to Muhammad.'

So they will come to me and say, 'O Muhammad! You are Allah's Apostle and the last of the Prophets, and Allah forgave your early and late sins. (Please) intercede for us with your Lord. Don't you see in what state we are?' The Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Sallam) added, "Then I will go beneath Allah's Throne and fall in prostration before my Lord. And then Allah will guide me to such praises and glorification to Him as He has never guided anybody else before me. Then it will be said, 'O Muhammad Raise your head. Ask, and it will be granted. Intercede and it (your intercession) will be accepted.' So I will raise my head and Say, 'My followers, O my Lord! My followers, O my Lord'. It will be said, 'O Muhammad! Let those of your followers who are not to be brought to account enter through such a gate of the gates of Paradise as lies on the right; and the other gates will be shared with the remaining people." The Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Sallam) further said, "By Him in Whose Hand my soul is, the distance between every two gate-posts of Paradise is like the distance between Makkah and Busra (in Sham)."

Bukhari Vol. 6 : No. 236

0 comments:

Post a Comment